Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back on the Grind

Been a week since I've updated.  I've been hitting the workouts in varying degrees of intensity trying to get ready to kick at least an 80 on this PT bitch.  Today was my first CF Benchmark WOD in awhile.  I did "Grace" (30 C&J for time RX=135#), I used 115# because I'm not comfortable yet putting that much weight overhead rapidly in a crowded gym, but maybe next time if there's less traffic.  Either way I did 8:55 at 115#.

Yesterday was a 400m Run/5 Tire flips for 4 rounds.  The last round was max flips and I got to about 7-8 before I was ready to die.  I made that one up and might increase it to 10 flips/round as I progress.

The two days preceding that were laziness, partly because it was the weekend and partly because Cullen didn't want to play soccer....

I like the equipment in the gym here but I have yet to find a time when it isn't incredibly busy and its getting frustrating, I'll have to check out the West Gym during daytime to see how crowded it is, but I cant imagine it will be a whole lot better.

I had a ton of stuff going on today, I had to get new tactical gear and papers to go back to work this weekend after a month and a half off work.  New body armor (looks sharp) and some other new crap.  Not sure how exited I am about going back to work.  1. I have no clue WTF I'm doing in Security (I'm a LE troop w/deployment experience/no Physical Security) and 2. Its the start of a huge security inspection. (...fml)  I'll just have to hit the ground running, learn as much as I can, as quick as I can, and be the best f**kin NCO that I can be.  (and maybe one day I'll get to move somewhere better...lol)

So..Gear (check), Licenses(check), Motivated (check), transportation(...ah shit)

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment