Friday, September 16, 2011

Believe.

Its been awhile since I've posted.  I've gone back to working 15-16 hour shifts so time gets away from me these days.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was approaching the illustrious Air Force PFT.  For the last 8 years we've taken this test I've scored 75-76 points with the occasional 71 (75 being the Minimum Passing Score).  My waist always measured 39-40 inches.  There were 2 things that I believed to be concrete fact:  1. I would never have a waist smaller than 36".  2. I would never be able to score more than 80 points.

The last time I took the test I failed with a 71.  The next day I left for a deployment.  Needless to say I had a plan to improve that score and get an 80 an that would "wow" everybody, because again, an 80 is the best I could do...right?  Starting the deployment I did the same stuff, run a lot, situps, mess around in the gym...whatever.  Then I started looking into this CrossFit thing.  It looked interesting enough and the videos were fairly motivating so I checked around on the message boards.

After looking around I started changing the diet, and using more barbell movements eventually building up my squat and deadlift to decent standards.  I dropped 30 pounds before returning back to Albuquerque, where I continued to eat better and hit the gym like that shit was going out of style.

Well, I just took my test and my waist was 35"!!  I finished the test with a 90.9%, which gave me an excellent rating!  Needless to say I no longer believe that I have a limit for performance.  I now believe that I can do any thing I want to do...doubt is a thing of the past.

Anyway...time to squat.



No comments:

Post a Comment